The Massachusetts Senate Committee on Global Warming and Climate Change, chaired by Senate President Pro Tempore Marc Pacheco, is holding hearings so that people across the Commonwealth can express their thoughts and concerns about climate change. If you care about the environment and the future of our planet we urge you to participate in a community meeting closest to you. Click here for more information and to find a meeting close to you.
Some points you may wish to make:
- thank the Committee, and the entire MA Senate, for voting, (39-0 last session), against the pipeline tax;
- express your opposition to new gas pipelines, which will bring fracked gas and more greenhouse gas emissions to MA - exactly what we don't need; and
- ask them to remain firm against the $6.6. BILLION pipeline tax and against new fracked gas pipelines.
The next two hearings are:
- Melrose Hearing: Monday May 15th | 6PM | Melrose Memorial Hall 590 Main St, Melrose, MA 02176
- Taunton Hearing: Tuesday May 16th | 6PM | Benjamin Friedman Middle School 500 Norton Ave, Taunton, MA 02780
You can also send comments to the committee by clicking here.